Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:37:49 -0500

Dan:

I see one in use about five days a week. It's sitting on my tripod. For the
record, the mamiya rangfinders do sell at a serious premium. A new 150mm
4.5 lens will sell for $1600, making it among the most expensive japanese
lenses around. I know several people who use them, and most of them are
comitted to them. If you like the M, you'll love a Mamiya rangefinder

The Leica M6 isn't 5 or 6 times the price of a Contax or Pro Nikon or
Canon. It's a high priced camera. Also, the potential market is much bigger
for the M, even with one not exact competitor.

SLR will fade away before rangefinders. It won't be long before mirror
boxes are replaced with CCD pick-ups and monitors.

Tom