Subject: [Leica] M7 wish lists, Ted (Grant), KISS, and St Exupery
From: phong@doan-ltd.com (phong)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:27:48 +0000

Hello fellow LUG members,

    All the long M7 wish lists that appeared recently on the list, as well
    as Ted Grant's KISS admonitions, remind me of a line I read from
    St Exupery a long time ago: "Perfection is achieved not when there is
    nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away".
    It is in this spirit that I am attracted to the Leica M cameras, not
    that they are perfect in any sense, but they do reflect the spirit.

    In a like vein, Ted's KISS principle strikes a chord in me.
    I don't know Ted personally, and how he settled on his shooting style.
    I know it would take me a lifetime to boil things down to "there
    is only one aperture that I want to see what it looks like.  Wide
    open!" (Ted)

    With a closet full of camera equipment, I am a long, long way from
    perfection.  My excuse for so much of equipment is that I do very little
    photography.

    Thank you for your attention,

- - Phong