Subject: [Leica] V35 Progress Report
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:24:03 -0500

Thanks to all those who have provided me with handy tips for the use of
this fine gem of an enlarger.  It will not replace my Beseler 23C-II, but
that's primarily in that I do more 6cm by 6cm MF work than 35mm.  For
miniature-format enlarging, the V35 is everything it is cracked up to be,
and more.

I put the first of my jazz pictures in and, voila!, a sharp, high-contrast
image appeared on the easel, as it should.  The Focotar seems a grand lens,
the auto-focus works, and I'll be printing in short order.

It did take me two days to figure out where to put what in setting up the
new darkroom, though, and cleaning out year-old chemistry.  I've one good
bottle of Dektol left and then I'll have to mix some more, along with some
C41 and D-76 to develop the film I shot last night (ran into a couple of
new friends and we closed the place down, swilling Guiness and Bass and
having a wonderful time).

The pictures I took last week, incidentally, were hand-held at 1/8" to
1/30".  I shan't argue with Erwin that they are not the absolute ultima in
sharpness, but they will serve, nicely, for 8" by 10" prints.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!