Subject: RE: [Leica] Tiltall tripod
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:36:00 +0000

 Rich Lahrson wrote>>>>>>>>>>>.

     BTW, when did Leitz stop making the Tiltall tripod and any
guesses as to why? It's my understanding that the guy who sold
the Tiltall name to Leitz, did so because he couldn't keep up
with the orders.
<<<<<<<<

This is the first thread I've read on the venerable Tiltall. I remember =

being impressed with it back in the early 80's when it was displayed by a =

Leitz rep. in Britain and I finally found one to buy (used) two years ago =

for =9C40(UKP) It's just as user friendly as the M cameras, ie. great when =
you =

know what you're doing, wierd to start with. But I've no idea about the =

answer to your question. I did see an early advert for the tripod, under th=
e =

Tiltall, rather than Leitz Tiltall, banner, from the early 60's I think.

This guy who couldn't keep up with the orders, it wasn't Tom A was it?! =

(Life before the rapidwinder!)

Jem