Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summilux Question
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:40:55 -0600

>I use the 50/2 Summicron and the much beloved 50/1 Noctilux.  The Noctilux
>is great but boy does it weigh a ton.  I have tried carrying it for trips

Richard-
No help on the summilux, but I would suggest you take the Noctilux.  As I
recall the interiors of many of the historic temples and churchs were both
beautiful and dark.  Some of the excavations are low light also - as is
Bethlehem.  Of course outside the light will typically be bright and
contrasty - so I would imagine your shooting will be either at f1 or f11.
It is a beautiful area for a number of reasons - you should have a great
time.  I got to go there a number of times back during the Kissinger shuttle
diplomacy days.
- -Neal