Subject: [Leica] SOM Berthiot
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:15:19 -0500

At 12:51 PM 2/16/98 -0500, Andrew Jordan wrote:

>My college boy son has acquired somewhere in the Boston area a 28mm f3.2
>lens LTM lens made by Berthiot in Paris. He is currently using it with a
>bayonet mount adapter on his Leica CL. I have seen some of his b&w pohotos
>and they look pretty sharp.
>Do any of our LTM  experts know  about the quality, value, design and age of
>this lens? Looking forward to hearing from you.

I believe this is probably the f/3.3 Angulor, not an f/3.2 design.  See p.
55 of <<ah-HEM>> Marc James Small, NON-LEITZ LEICA THREAD-MOUNT LENSES:  A
39mm DIVERSITY, Rita Wittig Fachbuchverlag, 1997, for a brief mention!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!