Subject: [Leica] R to M
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:31:29 +1100

G'day all,

It looks as if I may be entering the R world via a 15mm super Elmar. There
has been so much talk about this lens, that seeing one second hand is
becoming too much of a temptation. Of course, I have no camera body, but
what the hell ;-), I'll worry about that later. I suspect I should look at
getting a body when I visit Tokyo in April, but there are some nice used
ones at my dealer at present; 6.2, 7 and 8, so the options are there, but
till then, is there any way of using R lens on the M body, or on a Minolta
non-autofocus mount? If adaptors are available, where might I start looking?

Oh, I may need some lessons on using the lens. It would seem to focus
within dangerous proximity of the front element, and I presume has in built
filters. TIA

Alastair