Subject: RE: [Leica] LTM Lens Inquiry
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:48:00 +0000

The Som Berthiot company made many lenses during the middle of the century,=
 =

many for cine-cameras and some for larger. The Sem TLR range was 'fed' with=
 =

them and the quality was certainly not poor, perhaps a little behind their =

illustrious fellow manufacturer in France, Angenieux. I've never heard of =

this lens, though maybe Marc has, though I don't recall reading about it in=
 =

his book. Certainly this is an odd (desirable) focal length and strange =

aperture. Early 28mm lenses were slow devices, this suggests a modern =

design. Is it (do you know?) a retrofocus (long and bulky) design like the =

Angeniuex 28mm f3.5 or petite like the Canon 28/3.5?
Fascinating, likely to have been made in the 50's, value is dependant on =

condition (of course) and who's interested. Anything from =9C50(UKP) =

upwards...
If he wants to sell, let us know.

Jem