Subject: Re: [Leica] SV: ÄLeicaÅ Leica Fotografie
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 98 20:36:54 +0100

On 17-02-1998 19:59 Johnsson Stefan wrote:

>I have also contacted them in english since I am not so good in german,
>but why did you, Pascal, change from the english version to the german?
>Is the translation not so good, or do you know german better than
>english? If the translation isn't good I consider to choose the german
>original instead.

As Leica Fotografie International is always written in German, this
version should be considered the "master version". For me, I do not care
that much if it is in German, English or French as I understand and speak
these languages without problem.
Also, the German version is the first one to be published, slightly ahead
of the other language versions.
And I heard from others on the list (Lucien) that the French version has
several translation errors. I guess that most attention goes towards the
German and English versions. I did not find that much difference in
"language quality" between German and English versions.

What was really decisive, however, are the advertisements. These are
completely different between all three language versions. The French
magazine is, of course, geared towards France, the English towards UK/US,
and the German towards the German market.
And I prefer to know about German info and shops.

Greetings,

Pascal