Subject: Re: [Leica] Finder Fog
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:36:11 -0500

At Sun, 15 Feb 1998 09:52:45 EST, "Larry S." <Ls910@aol.com> wrote:

> My M4-P seems to have developed condensation inside the viewfinder.  Is there
> a home remedy for this problem, or is a CLA necessary?  The M4-P is stored in
> a dry environment, so I'm not sure of the cause.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Are you sure it's condensed moisture (actual droplets visible, for example),
or is it a fogginess which you assume to be related to moisture?  I was
guilty, some years ago, of inflicting such a condition on my M6 through
obsessive and excessive use of "Dust Off" or the like.  I ended up with, I
guess, some sort of Freon leavings inside my viewfinder.

I'm better now, but my camera isn't yet -- the problem hasn't been annoying
enough to get me to ship my camera off to be disassembled and scrubbed out,
but I expect I'll piggyback that with some other repairs eventually.

 -Jeff