Subject: Re: [Leica] Virus message
From: Paul and Paula Butzi <butzi@halcyon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:13:05 -0800

At 02:14 PM 2/17/98 , you wrote:
> [...]

It turns out this is a hoax, in that there is no 'join the crew' email
floating
around destroying the content of hard drives.

But if you wanted to write an email virus, one that would propagate wildly,
consume untold resources on mail servers everywhere, and waste untold
amounts of peoples' time, I suspect that your first step would be to write
a piece of email that contained the immortal words:
	"forward this to all your online friends ASAP"
in the hopes that the recipient would then forward it to untold hundreds
of people, who would in turn forward it to untold hundreds of people, who
would in turn....

- -Paul