Subject: [Leica] Leica Manual - 1953
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:56:19 +0500

Greetings all,

	The other day I joined a local library that is run by a group of American
women volunteers her in Patan.  I actually live in the old city of Patan
which is now separated from Kathmandu proper by the Bagmati River - I
digress!!  This morning I checked out the photography section for the first
time not really expecting much of anything when I came across the Leica
Manual (Twelfth Edition - 3rd printing, February 1953) by Willard D. Morgan
and Henry M. Lester.

	As well as section written by the authors there articles by Ansel Adams,
Beaumont Newhall, Alfred Eisenstaedt and many others.  There are many
illustrations showing in great detail many of the items and accessories
that have been discussed on the LUG.  The book is mine for a month so if
you have any questions just let me know.

	Spring has hit the Kathmandu Valley and the fields are alive with new
green wheat and yellow mustard - time for some Velvia!!!

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal