Subject: [Leica] Historical Campaign, before memories vanish.
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 06:48:38 -0500

Thib. wrote:

>Well, we could write these articles ourself!

Then I will have to take a year off, learn German and
make interviews of all the people still alive in Wetzlar, Solms
and New York before that memory disapear.
No time for that I'm afraid, but I'll love to.

But what Leica Fotografie can do
is make interviews of the people actually in charge
of the design of the camera (R8, M6 0,85, M7 etc.;) and the lenses,
(ASPH, APO etc..) and ask them why they make that option
or what's the philosophy of a choice etc...and to the staff
what the actual politic of the firm etc...
There is a lot to learn from them, and it will help us to understand
some decisions.

The story of the R8, M6J or of the APO MACRO 100 , Tri-Elmar etc.. =

will be interesting for me.
A good beginning was the serie about the ASPH lenses,
but still with a little bit of "langue de bois".
Or maybe its the way the scientist are speaking.

(In french we used "langue de bois" about the way
 the communist use to communicate)

Lucien
BELGIUM