Subject: [Leica] RE: 35 f/2 ASPH w built in star filter.
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 8:49:45 -0500

I did some shooting of some outdoor Christmas lights while I was in the
states and noticed this too,  BTW I was not a happy camper when I
looked at the slides.  Fortunately, I rarely have small light point
sources in my photos.  I wonder of Leica knows of this????

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador

>From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:12:32 -0800
>Subject: [Leica] Star Diffraction Pattern?

>I thought one of our more technical minded members might give an
opinion on the cause of an interesting "feature" of my Leica >lenses.

>I have noticed that when shooting available light pictures with my
35mm Summicron-M ASPH, small very bright light sources >(almost point
sources?) produce a star diffraction pattern on the image, almost like
the result from a star filter, in the pattern of the >aperture blades.