Subject: [Leica] Re: Does the R8 Suck?
From: "T.Lavrakas" <lavrakas@matrix.ru>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 01:32:19 +0300

This is in response to Pascal's note of 2/18/98.  Anyone interested
should take a look at Hans Petter Strifelt's review
(http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/photo/leica/r8.html).  Here in part are his
conclusions on the R8: " So far, I haven't regretted my choice. . .My
satisfaction with the overall handling of the camera is still growing. The
R8 has all the features I longed for in Leica cameras plus a few more."
There is nothing in the article about trading it in for an M6 and whatnot;
apparently he is quite pleased with the camera, and is using it in his
professional work.

Pascal, are you privy to a side of this story that we are not?  Or did you
just make an honest mistake?  Either way, please let us know.  Thanks.