Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 2.8 Apo Telyt
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:56:33 -0600

At 10:24 AM 2/18/98 -0800, you wrote:

>replacing the lens with Tamarkin on Tuesday I requested that a new
>180/3.4 Apo ROM be sent instead.  As I understand things the 180/3.4
>is the best of the 180's, though a bit slow.  I hope to find out for
>myself soon.

Nope, the 180 Apo Summicron F/2 is the best 180, if you can carry it (not
to mention pay for it!).

But it's a great lens. And don't let the f/3.4 put you off. According to
the Leica Photography (New York) that introduced the lens, they claimed
that it's so efficient with light that it's closer to a 2.8 lens than one
might suspect. Let us know how you like it!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He doesn't have much of a reputation, or so I've heard.