Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions Please
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:08:56 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ray & Kit Yuen <ryuen@ix.netcom.com>
>If you had your choice, would be buy a Leica R8 with a 50mm Summicron, a
>Hasselblad 501cm with the standard 80mm lens, or a Canon EOS 1n with a
>28-70 f2.8L?

None of the above, because I don't need more cameras :-)

But if someone ELSE were paying, I think I'd go for the EOS, because I don't
have any zoom lenses right now. Extra points go to the 28-70 if it also has
good macro capability.

>Even with the high quality and extreme sharpness of Leica lens, does
>anyone believe that they can compare favorably with the image qualities
>produced by medium format lens such as those from Hasselblad?

The Hasselblad is a very good camera, though maybe not the first thing I
think of when it comes to snapshots. In theory, beyond a certain enlargement
size, it will surpass the 35mm cameras, but does it suit your style of
shooting?