Subject: Re: [Leica] Ein Stuck Lens ?
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:15:01 +0100

The M6 "Ein Stuck Leica" (ESL) site links to the current 1.4/35
asph Summilux at

<http://www.leica-camera.com/m_system/mobj_d.htm>.

In this lens, which ever it may be, both, the front and the rear
lens, are more thick in the center than at the edges.

This lens looks completely different than the 1.4/35 asph
on the (my) M6-ESL.

In the 1.4/35 asph Summilux from the M6-ESL both, the front
and the rear lens, are more small in the center (several mm)
than at the edges. I'm sure, because she's lying in front
of me. The aperture ring is curled. And the lens inscript
does not allow the complete word "aspeheric", because the
engraving of "Ein Stuck Leica" does not leave enough space.

If a concave lens is smaller in the center than at the edges,
then the M6-ESL's Summilux is the aspheric version with two
concave lenses.

I didn't know that this lens was rare - since I just know
this type. But, I swear to you, she takes great pix :)

Alf