Subject: Re: [Leica] I got my R8 Winder!!!!!!!!
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:33:17 -0600

> Yes - you have to use two of the larger D123 lithium battery for the
> winder.  In fact, if you leave the winder on all the time, you'll never
> have to use those smaller capacity 2CR lithium batteries.
>
> Most of my camera equipment including a T2 and TVS use the larger lithiums.
> The Contax G1 used that smaller 2CR.  I sold mine for another M6 boday
> last year but that's another story.

Really? I didn't realize the R8 uses the same batteries as the G1.

When I had a G1 I was somewhat disappointed with how few rolls the
batteries lasted in that camera (and at that time they were still new to
the market and $12.00 per battery; I think the price has come down since
then). And seems I've read that Olympus has avoided designing their
point-&-shoots around them because they felt the battery's lifetime was too
limited.

Which makes me curious:  On average, how many rolls per set of batteries do
you R8 users average?

Larry