Subject: [Leica] R4 - good backup body?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:24:08 -0800

I have come across a used R4 with serial number
of 1585712.  It is VERY clean inside (where it counts)
and fair to good outside (a few dings here and there, and
some bubbling around the Leica name on the prism).
It operates very well with a very quiet shutter and mirror.
The foam has been completely replaced and it was recently
overhauled by Leica in 7/97.  For $325.00, it sounds like
a good deal to me, but I wanted to run it by the more
experienced used buyers here on the LUG first.

Also, does anyone have an original R4 manual they could
photocopy or send to me?

Thanks to everyone....

Francesco

Francesco Sanfilippo,