Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Snakes and security
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:25:00 +0000

Ted,

Of course, you're right, I've never suffered a total invasion of my
household, though I've had some minor thefts from my property and I've
sufferred some very personal devastation as well.
I'm sure there are unknown depths to which I would sink either during or
after such an event, but I've refrained so far and have not felt the need to
bear the grudge any longer than I could forget the incident.
Whilst there is an obvious naivety to this approach it is also one which I
believe allows me to enjoy a better quality of life than those who's present
is engulfed by the past.
I'm sorry if this seems to have stirred up a bit of a 'hornet's nest'. I
don't wish to cause offence, merely explain why I responded in the way I
did.

Let's talk Leica use shall we?
I enjoyed a great concert on Tuesday, photographing the likes of Deniece
Williams, Courtney Pine, Ruby Turner, Alexander O'Neal and Mica Paris, all
for my own pleasure so it was especially gratifying to recieve a request for
pictures for publication in 'The Times', sadly not the august London
publication, but the Carribean Times!
So I had to shuffle around some free-time and print up 7 copies of prints of
each of them, ending up with a tasty payment from a press office. Something
which, for me - an amateur, is always enjoyable.
I used mainly the SL with a 180/2.8 lens wide open @ 1/125 or 1/60th,
shooting on T-Max 400 and devving in Aculux for 11 mins. It was the first
time I've used a monopod and the results certainly showed it was worth the
investment. I shot a few wider shots on the M6 with a 50/1.4 though these
didn't amount to anything worth printing, for the most part the close ups
are where the action is. If only I had a web site I could post these
pictures up.

Sayanora, I'm out of the office for a week.
You can enjoy the peace...

Jem