Subject: [Leica] M-6HM received - G-D! *#$@!*&!!!!!
From: "Steven Blutter" <sblutter@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:45:29 -0600

The vertical alignment of the rangefinder is off!!! (enough, i believe we
should assume perfect, no?)

S/N #2415252 (calumet/chicago)

(are the elves listening?)

yes, yes the shop is getting me another, but the frustration!  1st brand new
body for me since the CL came out in 197? (little help please).

So, also 1st m-6 for me...

Best feature:  the 50mm bright lines can be seen easily and all at once WITH
GLASSES!!!  (couldn't with m-3) and there is still enough room around them
to anticipate movement and/or compositional choices.

and yes, you really have to peer about to see the 35mm, which isn't much of
an issue with me, but its an improvement over the m-3 viewer/spectacles for
sure.

Binocular viewing: that .05 vs. m-3 really makes a difference - will take
some getting used to (i managed to get the hang of it with the CL, vertical
only of course)

i'll be a very happy photographer in a week to 10 days...

now about that red dot...

and yes gang, now you know why those 2 3's had to go.

(the 6hm is really very very nice)

would love a black summi 50 dual range (ever made?)

- --Steven Blutter--
sblutter@earthlink.net