Subject: Re: [Leica] Series VII Question
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 20:40:56 -0800

The circular polarizer, when used in the lens hood, can be rotated via the
knob on the lens hood. If you buy a polarizer for the lens, a.) the hood
may not fit over it, and b.) if it does, you will not be able to rotate it
unless you remove the hood. On my 24mm R lens, I use the polarizer in the
lens hood and rotation knob. It works great. I have used an 60EW circ
polarizer directly on the lens, when I needed another filter as well. Of
course, the hood then won't work.

Jim