Subject: [Leica] Dogs aren't always the best guards
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 9:33:34 -0500

In Ecuador, if they want to rob your place, they flip over the wall a
little ball of hamburger with some drugs inside that either knock your
dog out for a long while or permanently.   When I was in Cuba, I stayed
at a place that had a dog that would only be let out at night, could only
be handled by one person and would not eat anything except what was in
his cage.  Needless to say, everyone stays inside while he's loose for
the night as he has severely bitten more than one would-be-thief.

Duane