Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning software (off-topic)
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 98 23:57:19 -0000

>Sorry for the off-topic post, but someone here once mentioned some =
scanning
>software that works really well with the Nikon LS-1000.  I'm looking to
>improve the quality of my film scans...  Unfortunately, I deleted the
>original messages.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Jim Laurel

Jim,

The scanner software that works best with ANY scanner is SilverFast! =
It=B4s made by the German company LaserSoft. Their email address is: =
info@lasersoft.de

They also have a homepage: http://www.lasersoft.de

From there you can probably download a demo version of SilverFast.

I paid US$305 plus $35 for shipping. And, believe me, it=B4s worth =
it! The program actually makes scanning FUN!

Claes