Subject: [Leica] Film spacing in LTM bodies
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:43:29 -0700 (MST)

A couple of weeks ago I raised a question regarding film sprocket holes
getting into the picture. The responses I got caused me to look around for
something to use as a spacer to move the modern film canister down a bit.
I think I may have found it!! We build electrical panels at work, and
throw away a 3mm, slightly curved washer, which seems to be about right to
move the canister down a bit, it is rubber backed on the side which would
go onto the camera, and the hole is larger than the rewind spindle, with
the rubber having a smaller ID than the metal. It looks like it will not
mar the camera parts. I will try it out and report to the group, if it
works, as we throw these away, I will save them and they will be
available. For the truly dedicated, we could put on a RED DOT!! ;)
As these come off and on easily, they could be used from one LTM body to
another easily.
Will let you know how it works.
Noel Charchuk