Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica Basketball
From: "Fantoni, Ernesto" <Fantoni@PHIBRED.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 06:22:33 -0600

Harrison,

congratulation for your pictures.They are really nice:moment, light,
colors:very impressive!

But I'm now a bit confused and you can probably help me. The question
that comes up to my mind is:what about AF in sport if you can take
pictures like that with an MF camera? Are these pictures the juice of an
heavy selection among many unsharp pics?
I've always heard (even on this list) you can't survive shooting sport
without a fast AF. If I remember well, Ted was almost the only one
saying he never had problems working in sport without AF.
I know you switched from Canon EOS to Leica (I myself sold my AF
equipment to buy the first M6), but, frankly, I thought was for other
kind of pictures (Editorial, Travel, etc like the ones on yr website).
And now you come up with such photos; and, moreover, at F2.8.

Pls enlight me:is it true what I heard that:"The more you are a Pro, the
more you go simple and manual?"

Thanks in advance

Ernesto