Subject: Re: [Leica] Ring light strobes for Leicaflex and R cameras
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:01:16 -0500

Unless you plan on doing a lot of coin shots, you might try this:
Get a LARGE styrofoam cup, cut the bottom off carefully, and put the narrow
end over the lens, and use if like a lens shade, strobing two lights from
the side.  I did this for some stamps and coins, albeit a relatively small
number. Using the extension tube brought me close enough that the cup acted
like a miniature ring light. It probably would have been better had I used a
copy standbut it worked!
dwpost@msn.com