Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Mod. I f - Tony etal
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:49:23 EST

In a message dated 98-02-26 20:19:33 EST, Tony wrote:
<<
 I just purchased an used screw mount Leica If body with a Hobson 50f2 lens.
  The camera is in user condition and it needs some maintenance.

 Tony - If you have acquired a Leica If (w/o rf or vf) it would be a
 desirable collectors camera but really not worth repairing for use.
 You would be better off selling it as is to a collector since the I f
 Leicas with serial no.s from 562293 to 564201 are called black dial
 & worth up to $1300 US depending on condition.  The other If was
 called red dial & worth about half of that.  Because those models
 had no vf or rf, they were used primarily for Microscopes & Viso-
 flex's or other instruments where no finders were needed.

 Marvin Moss