Subject: [Leica] Need Slide Viewer Recommendation
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:39:25 -0800

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I've got a few hundred boxes of 35mm color slides I need to inspect, label,
scan and catalog.  Not an easy job and one I'm not looking forward to do
but it must be done.  I have used a light table and a 4X aspheric
Rodenstock loupe for viewing and sorting.  You get a sore back and eye
strain after 2-3 hours of sorting.  In the past, I have used a slide viewer
that took a stack of slides and rear projected them on a self-contained 8
inch square screen.  Its great to view a bunch of slides and even be able
to show your work to someone else without having to get out the projectors
and screens for a lap dissolve show.  The rear projection slide viewers I
have seen don't provide a quality image.  My Leica images don't have the
snap and clarity they have with a good loupe or slide projector.

Can someone recommend a table mounted viewer, perhaps rear projection, that
will provide a clear image?  I think Hama may have made one in the past
that took the straight Leica trays.  In the U.S., I use Kodak carousel
round trays for projection.

Thanks for the help.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD