Subject: [Leica] R8 Proooooooobleeeeeeeems?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:55:07 -0500

Pete Myers wrote:

<<<How many rolls do you have through your R8s at this point?? I only have
about 20 through my own R8 - not much shooting in this terrible winter.>>>

Hi Pete,

Too bad about Tina, but I'm sure she'll have a new one shortly or some
other accomodation.

I shot 20 rolls today! :)   And I really don't know how many since I
received mine just before Christmas '96. But I guess I'm well on the way to
many hundreds! And that's alot of film for me with thumb winding! :)

I expect a winder in the next few days, and I'll be bloody glad when it
arrives and a whole bunch "more better" when I have a motor to work with.:)

Tough call working today with the sun shining and getting sun burnt and
burning up film through the R8! :)  I give you guys east of the Rockies my
most heartfelt sympathies in having to cope with the "funny white stuff
that falls from the sky." Snow isn't it? :)

Hail the R8! :)

ted