Subject: Re: [Leica] R15
From: Duncan Young <dunk@mincom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:45:38 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, ted grant wrote:

> Pete Myers wrote:

    <snip>

> I bet you if you have it, you'll never get rid of it. It is a Leica lens
                                                                ^^^^^
Well actually I believe its a Ziess design ( I'm not sure if Ziess actually
make them for leica, though ), so your other option is to purcase the Contax
version for only 2/3 the price.  I guess the extra cost is the "magic" they
add to give the lenses the "leica look" ;)

> that makes your work look completely different and as far as competition
> goes, if they don't have this 15mm or similar, they'll never match what you
> can produce. If they don't have this particular lens they wont touch you!

Duncan ( being a smart ass )

PS I don't disagree about how usefull this lens is, I'm just smiling to
   myself about the brand loyalty on this list :)

PPS I don't own any lieca equipment, but do intend to in the future.