Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2.0
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:51:57 -0500

At 08:37 PM 2/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I like the "MOMENT" when you pressed the shutter.  I like the way that
>woman lay on the stairway.  I spent a long time looking at the "duck".
>Without the duck, this photo would be less interesting.  She looks lonely
>in the photo and only the duck would listen to her.  Were she feeding the
>duck?
>
>Regards,
>Tony Chang

Thank you for your comments, Tony.  I chose this shot because of the duck.
I had six or seven very similar shots, but this was the only one where the
duck had his foot up.  Salina wasn't feeding the duck.  The duck was just
hanging around hoping she would drop some of the beans she is cleaning.
Your feeling that she is lonely is very perceptive.  Salina is a beautiful,
graceful girl, but the whole right side of her face is disfigured by a
horrible birth defect.  She has a loving family but no hope of ever
marrying and having a family of her own.  I had the feeling that she is
very lonely.  Thanks for seeing what I tried to communicate.  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>