Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux hood
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:56:04

At 02:33 01/03/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Christoph,
>thanks for the answer. Yes, the springs of my 12539 (Noctihood) are
>broken.
>Is there any way to replace them or have I to find out a new hood?
>Ernesto

I may be finding this out soon myself. I returned my Noctilux hood to the
dealer (they are not actually a Leica authorised dealer and have been known
to mess me around in various ways, mostly just by delaying commission sale
payments for months- if anyone in the UK wants to know a dealer to avoid,
email me!). They have had my hood for 6 months and say their repairer is
waiting for a new spring from Germany. I called Leica UK service and asked
them what the situation was regarding new springs for the Noctilux hood and
they couldn't actually tell me if they are available at all. They did offer
to have a look at the hood and if it couldn't be fixed they would sell me a
new one at a dealer's price. Now I just have to get the hood back from the
dealer...

Joe Berenbaum