Subject: RE: [Leica] TRI-ELMAR pdf doc available!
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:16:42 -0800

Thanks for the pointer, Jeff.  I read the product info sheet on the
tri-elmar and was impressed by Leica's frankness about the performance of
the lens.  It's nice to see a manufacturer being honest about thier
product's performance.  On the second page of the info sheet, they say "Only
at the 28mm focal length does the lens not quite reach the high standard of
the corresponding Leica M fixed focal length lens."

The Tri-Elmar is an interesting concept, but one of the reasons I like my M6
is because of all the fast glass available for it.  A maximum aperature of
f4 seems pretty slow.

I'm still thinking that the next round of visa card beatings will go toward
a 50mm Noctilux...  BTW, does anyone know how much the NYC mail order places
are asking for the Tri-Elmar?

- --Jim Laurel