Subject: [Leica] New member
From: MStoesz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:28:27 -0500 (EST)

Good morning all LUGer's

I just recently subscribed to this exciting discussion group.  My interest in
Leicas goes back to the early 60's when I was in HS and toook photos with a
not to great IIIc and Summar.  I later had several IIIc's, searching for a
good one.  After a stint in the military I worked as a photojournalist and
used IIIf, IIf, and M-2 and much late a M-5 (briefly).  My favorites were the
IIf and IIIf with 50 Summarit and the beloved M2 with 35mm f2.5 Nikor and
90mm Elmarit.  I have also at various times collected and used professionally
Canon IVs2, P, 7 and 7s with various lenses.

Currently I have recently acquired an old much beat-up IIIa made in 1936 with
a classic 50 f/3.5 Elmar.  The camera is now undergoing  a CLA and
replacement of the shutter curtain and restoration of the dead slow speeds.
 I am in search of the following lenses to complete the outfit:: 35mm f3.5
Elmar and 90mm f/4 collapsable Elmar.  As long as the glass and mechanicals
are good the cosmetic condition is not important but cost is.

I also collect/use Olympus RF 35's, Rolleicords, Voigtlander 120 folders and
Agfa 120 folders.

Best wishes to all in the enjoyment of using these classic cameras.

Mike Stoesz, VP, Rainbow Photography, Laramie,Wy