Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #207
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 18:50:40 +0100

Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com> wrote:

While I was playing around with the cameras, I tried
metering off a computer screen displaying a peice of email (black
lettering
on white background).  What happened was strange.  The M6 showed both
LEDs
(i.e. proper exposure) at 1/8 sec at ALL APERATURES from f4 to f11!!!
Try
it and you'll see what I mean.  Something in the design of the M6's
meter
renders it totally useless for metering CRTs!!

possible reason:

the M6 meter measures light reflecting from the white spot painted
(painted?) onto the shutter curtain. Does this lead to light
polarization?