Subject: [Leica] Princess Di and The Drunk Driver
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:11:33 -0500

At 05:57 PM 3/3/98 -0600, Eric Welch wrote:
>No! Please don't spread that rumor again. It's not true. A drunk driver
>driving the princess killed her. The pursuing photographers were incidental
>to the issue, and are guilty of bad taste, but not killing her.

Please!  Don't spread that rumour again!  The driver DID have an illegal
BAC but there hasn't been any evidence presented that this had any
relationship at all to the wreck.  It MAY have been what killed her, but we
simply do not know.

The only survivor has stated over this past weekend that he didn't notice
any evidence of intoxication prior to the wreck, and he is an extremely
well trained and well respected observer of such items.

It seems that the driver caused the accident, but whether his drinking was
THE cause probably will never be established.

The last thing we in the US need is yet another anti-alcohol rampage.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!