Subject: [Leica] wide angle R lenses- -which one?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:53:20 -0800

Hi LUGgers.....

I am ready to buy my fourth R lens to accompany my existing system.
Here is what I already have:

R4, R8, 50/2.0 ROM, 100/2.8 APO ROM, 180/2.8 ROM

Here is what I am considering:

19/2.8, 24/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2.0

I would greatly appreciate any thorough comments, personal experiences,
or just plain advice that would assist me in selecting a wide-angle lens.
The critical factor for me when selecting a Leica lens is quality
(resolution,
sharpness, color rendition, contrast, definition).  I need to be able to use
the lens for shooting everything from female models (charm, glamour,
fashion) to world travel to street photography to family moments.  I don't
care about filters (I don't use them), and I don't really care about weight
(I am working on developing my shoulder muscles).

My local shop has a used 28/2.8 for $1450 and a new 24/2.8 ROM
for $2100. Are these competitive prices?  Any personal experiences
with these lenses?

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com