Subject: [Leica] M6 J and a new M camera!
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 22:19:45 -0800

Faked and phony cameras are not only modern Eastern block country
frauds.... I have heard about the Eisenhauer M3 pair being faked, probably
made in England and numerous Anastigmat fakes.

There is a modified M6 offered in the Feb 98 Leica Catalog ( LHSA
Publication) with "custom modified .85x viewfinder installed...$1750"
How did this camera come into being?  I think the owner is a LUG
participant from Canada.....S/N for posterity: 1,785,575

Personally, I think there are a lot of fake valuable Leicas out there...Has
anyone seen the newly painted M's to come out of japan?  Good work on them,
would be hard to tell them from the real ones.

On a much more relevant shooters note, I have been getting several images
form my 50 and 35 Summicrons that have a 3 dimensional character.... On
reflection, I have noted that they were all taken at Large F-Stops,
probably all at F2.  I think I am starting to understand Bokeh.......Never
seen it with my Zeiss, Canon, or Nikon lenses.  I may have seen it with my
old 3.5 Xenotar on a Rollei ......

Frank