Subject: Re: [Leica] Tips for Hoods
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 20:36:00 -0500

I use he "wratten" type of filters for color correction and the technical
holders for them on the lenses.  I have a 60-62 step up ring to use the
technical holder on my 24 elmarit and the 55-62 step ring for my 50 and
90 sumicrons and the 67-72 for my 180 elmarit, thus I can use the holders
which are readily available, filters in a cost effective, readily
available size and have any color correction gels needed.  There is a
brand of filters that are cc along the lines of the wrattens but are much
more durable, but I forget the name temporarily.  I'll look when I have
time and let you know what they are, I do remember they are from an
English company.

abpeking wrote

>I would be interested to hear if Calumet or Sinar produce adapters for
>60mm threads or 67EW, Series VII etc since I know Lee do not...

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto