Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Shooting the Lone Cypress
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:43:22 -0500

I giggle with glee. :)
One says the Lone Cypress Tree is Trademarked; the other says that PBCo has
two trademarked Lone Cypress "Designs". Sounds like everyone is flogging his
own dead horse! The Tree is not the design, the design is not the tree. I
can see where a design can be infringed upon, but I agree that a geological
feature would be mighty hard to trademark. I think that LUGgers are so used
to the fidelity of Leica glass that we blur the difference between object
and image!
LOL, ROF,PMP!
dwpost@msn.com