Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 17:57:49 +0100

On 07-03-1998 15:43 Lucien_vD wrote:

>I will not discuss anymore the quality difference
>(I hope Erwin will do it one day).
>But I can tell that I found on the pics much more
>than what I've seen in the viewfinder.
>Annoying.
>
>Lucien

I also encountered some parallax difficulties with some pictures of my
recent trip to London. I was using the M6 + Summilux 50 and 35 ASPH.
Took a wide shot (35 mm ASPH) of the Houses of Parliament (Westminster)
and Big Ben from across the river Thames. Everything was framed
perfectly, nice composition, or so I thought, until I got back my
pictures. Disappointment: the left side of the Houses of Parliament is
cut off, and there is more info on the right side than I had wanted. A
pity. So I would not too quickly conclude that the M6 does not have its
share of parallax trouble.
Otherwise, overall picture quality was outstanding, especially in low
light situations.

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r