Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic- L308 meter battery...
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 21:11:37 -0500

Steve and Joe:

I have only the 308B, and the bettery reradout is nearly worthless. I've
had new batteries read 6/10, 10/10, 8/10.  I had one battery that after a
few hours  read 2/10, but lasted, under heavy use, for nearly 3 months,
reading 2/10 the whole time. I keep extra AAs with me anyways, so I just
ignore the battery meter.

My guess is that the battery meter is based on a subtle voltage level
that's more exact than the tolerance of the batteries them selves. I just
change 'em when they're dead.

Tom

At 07:36 PM 3/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I know there are at least a couple of people on this list who use the
>>Sekonic L308B meter, so I'd like a second opinion on mine if possible. When
>>I put in a new battery it displays just over half charge on the battery
>>check display. My 408 diplays a full charge on the same battery. Is this
>>enough of a discrepancy to be considered a fault, and should I get it fixed?
>>
>>Joe Berenbaum
>
>8/10 on L408,  6/10 on L308BII
>Steve

Thomas Kachadurian