Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica stuff I've seen today
From: Tony Chang <stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 03:07:46 -0500

At 08:52 PM 1998/3/7 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, I had a fun day in Kansas City.
>
>Went to a camera show. Saw lots of used LTM, M and R stuff for sale today.
>What I saw that I've never seen before are several things.
>
>One was Tom A's rapidwinder on the bottom of an M4-P. Very nice piece of
>equipment, but I can see it would take a bit of practice to make it work as
>smoothly as Ted makes it sound. Seems a bit awkward the first few strokes,
>but one gets used to it fast. Nice piece of machinery.

I thought it was awkward to use the rapidwinder until I actually got one
for myself.  Even thought I am a right-eye focusing person, I still find
the rapidwinder is very fun to use.  I use my left hand thumb and index
finger for fouscing and the rest 3 fingers for rewind.

One thing that I wish a rapidwinder could have is a grip like Leica M-Grip,
so it is even more comforable to use.