Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M vs. R lenses thought
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 06:19:40 EST

I am fortunate to own an M6, 21mm-asph, 35-1.4 asph, 50mm 2.8 and a 90mm 2.8.
I also own an R8, 24mm, 35-70 Rom/Zoom and the 80-200 Rom/Zoom.    If I plan
to enlarge a photo I always use the M6.  The 21mm-asph is absolutely my
favorite.  It is extremely sharp.  I have just completed some shots with the
35-70 zoom on the R8 and I was VERY surprised and shocked at the quality.
Digital Eenlargements made with the lens in the macro mode were incredible.
Now I will feel much more comfortable using the R8 in situations that I would
have selected the M6 in the past.

I am hopeful that Leica incorporates auto-focus into the R8 in the future.  I
don't know how they would do it without introducing another model.  I traded
an F5 Nikon for the R8.  I miss the auto-focus feature.

Good shooting.