Subject: [Leica] Ted's 80-200 f/4 improvement
From: Lucien <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 06:23:48 -0500

Lucien wrote:

<<<also on all the 180's, is a built-in rotating tripod thread>>>>>>>

ted wrote:

>The only problem I see with the zoom 80-200 is where would it go? I just=

>looked at the lens to figure out where it could go with the space
available
>as the lens stands at the moment.

The STA-1 (rotating tripod thread) made for the 100/2,8 APO-MACRO =

fit on the 80-200/4 but  cover the red index. =

Actually, I find it fitting better on it than on the 100/2,8
if I cut the plastic inside of the STA, where it touch the index.
But anyway, the result is not as good that on the latest 250/4.

>It might take a complete revamping and tooling to accomodate the tripod
>mount ring and then make the lens bigger taking away the ability to hand=

>hold it as we can now. Besides it would mean more dollars for a rather
>expensive lens already.

True.

BTW, there are TWO red dots on the 80-200/4. =

;-)

Lucien