Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 J and a new M camera!
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:21:10 -0800

Paul and Paula Butzi wrote: I'm just guessing, but it's probably the
case that the vast majority of

> M camera hours of use in 1997 were M-6.  So it's probably not
> surprising
> that repair technicians see mostly m-6's in for repair.  And it's
> probably
> not surprising that it's mostly the newest M-6's either, since they
> probably
> see the heaviest use.

bad guess.  M's go on and on so long as they are properly serviced.
their value ensures the owner will continue the necessary upkeep most of
the time.    the other M's outnumber the M6 by roughly 4 to 1.     The
only person I know who believes the M6 is as well constructed as the M4
and before is Marc.   While he might be proved correct in the long run,
he certainly seems to be in the minority opinion.

Stephen Gandy