Subject: [Leica] Re: Lens & Body Rejects - What?
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:42:28 EST

 A few weeks ago, someone asked the question of what happens
 to rejected or flawed returned to dealer Leica items.
 I don't recall seeing an answers to this question.

 If a lens has a cosmetic flaw in the buyers eyes and the dealer
 because of trying to maintain good-will, replaces it from his stock
 and the flaw is not so obvious that he can return it to Leica ------
 Is it sold as new (with unfilled in papers) again.

 If a new camera has a defective plastic washer and is replaced by
 Leica or whoever  -----  Is this camera then sold as new again.
 Recently, Detroit went through several law-suits about their lemons
 being resold as new, & I don't want to compare Leicas & Lemons
 but I do wish someone would attempt to answer this question.

 This is really a question for Sam Shoshan, since as far as I am aware
 he is the only authorized Leica dealer on the LUG --- or is he ?

 Marvin Moss