Subject: [Leica] Getting my M4 Black Repainted
From: "Lee Yan Zhan" <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:55:28 +0800

Dear Luggers

Suddenly, today, after years of service, the paint on my beloved Black M4
started to peel off by itself when it comes in contact with anything.

I went to my local distributor and discovered that the person-in-charge
have no idea of what they are talking about....apart from asking me to buy
another M6HM.  Contacting Solms directly did not help either because they
want me to send in for qoutes first.  All I want to know is if they could
replace the top cover or get it repainted with the same emulsion.

My question to the wise senior Luggers are :

- -  How do I distinguish between black chrome or enamel?  The current black
emulsion on my M4 seems to be darker and more course than the black chrome
on my M6.

- -  Should I get it repainted or change a new top cover?

- -  Who should I go to other than Solms?

Any advise or experience will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Lee
Singapore